French Pink Clay is a combination of red and white clays. It is considered to be the mildest of all the clays and works well for normal, sensitive and mature skin types. Its unique composition includes Kaolinite, Iron, Illite, Montmorillonite and Calcite. Appearance: Fine rose/pink colored powder.
French Pink Clay can be used to cleanse and detoxify the skin, remove dead skin cells and create and overall refreshed appearance. It can also be used to treat acne and other skin ailments; poor blood and/or lymph circulation and sun damaged skin. It is most widely used in cosmetic manufacturing.
French Pink Clay can be used in detoxifying body wraps, soap making, face masks, mineral based or cream based cleansers, face or body scrubs, cosmetics and facial powders.
Caution should be exercised as clays may stain fabric.
This product stains once it meets water, so make sure that you use an old washcloth when removing it from your face and cleaning up after using it!!!
- Place 2 tbsp. French Pink clay into a bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup warm water into the bowl and mix the clay until it begins to form a paste. You may need to add a little more water if the mixture is too thick. You should be able to spread it easily onto your skin.
- Moisten your face with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Spread the clay onto your skin with your finger tips so its evenly distributed. Be careful not to get it into your eyes.
- Let the clay sit for 10 to 15 minutes. As it dries, it will start to feel a little tight on your skin. You don't have to let it dry completely; 15 minutes should do.
- Rinse the clay completely off your face with warm water.