Here is a step by step guide to making dry oil spray with Cyclomethicone! Be colorful!!
As we all know the wonder ingredient for sprays is what? Yes Cyclomethicone!
Cyclomethicone is a clear, odorless silicone based oil. It leaves a silky smooth feel when sprayed directly onto the skin. Because it evaporates quickly, it’s perfect or use as a luxurious Dry Oil Spray. It works wonderfully as a fragrance carrier and is perfect for use in antiperspirants, bath salts, body sprays, deodorants, lotions and creams, hair care and linen sprays.
Here is the easiest step by step guide to making that perfect dry oil spray!
This tutorial will be showing you how to make a Dry Oil Spray, but it’s easily adaptable to many other products.
How to Make Dry Oil Spray with Cyclomethicone Recipe:
Supplies and Equipment:
- 1 Large spoon or butter knife for stirring
- 1 Set of rubber gloves
- 1 Glass measuring cup
- 3 2 oz PET Bullet Bottles
- 3 20/410 Fine Mist sprayers
Now let’s get started!!
Step 1: Using your measuring cup, pour in 6 ounces of cyclomethicone.
NOTE: In your dilutions, “parts” can be anything. For example; 1-oz fragrance oil to 6-oz cyclomethicone or 1-tablespoon fragrance oil to 6-tablespoons cyclomethicone, etc. It’s important to use the same measuring system for both parts.
Step 3: Stir slowly until fully incorporated. Cyclomethicone stays completely blended and crystal clear without the need for shaking.
Step 5: Cap each bottle with a 20/410 Fine Mist Sprayer firmly and enjoy!
Remember all the other product ideas for Cyclomethicone:
- Add to lotions: 1-20% to provide a soft velvety feel.
- Bath Salts: Use instead of glycerin to add sheen to your bath salts and a silky feel to the bath water.
- Hair Care: Spray on wet hair for easy combing or spray on hair to manage “frizz”.
- After Bath Oil: Blend with your ultimate oil blend, add fragrance and you have a wonderful bath oil.
- Room Sprays, Linen Sprays & Dry Perfume Oil: No more wet linens! Always as a practice test first; Cyclomethicone may stain some fabrics so do a small patch test before use on clothing/linens.
Don’t Forget Your Soap Making Supplies!!
The Chemistry Store is one of the top sellers of soap making supplies. We carry a wide selection of soap products that include molds, colors, bases, oils & more. Since 1998, The Chemistry Store has provided top notch customer service, fast shipping, and some of the best prices on soap making supplies. Find out today why so many customers keep coming back.
And don’t forget…
No matter what DIY soap, lotions, bath and body crafts you are working on don’t forget…
The whole idea is to take existing creations like these and make them your own by being creative and using your crafting skills! Thank you again for joining us! Enjoy and have fun!