Impress your guests with homemade liquid soap!
Hand soap is something you use all year round, but it’s easy to change it up for different holidays. Most people will buy seasonal scents to get themselves and their guests into the holiday spirit, but why buy liquid hand soap when you can make your own for less? Just follow our guide to making liquid hand soap and you’ll be ready for the holidays in no time!
DIY Liquid Hand Soap Ingredients:
- 41 oz Unscented Liquid Crystal Concentrate
- 17 grams fragrance oil
- 1 oz Germaben II Preservative
- 72 grams European Spa Salt
- Gel Color
You’ll also need:
- gallon bottle w/ cap
- 82 oz distilled water
- large bowl (holds 1 gallon)
- glass or metal spoon
- digital scale
- measuring cup
- 8 oz clear PET boston round bottle & 24/410 lotion pump or other soap dispenser
To get everything you need for a 1 gallon batch, try one of our liquid hand soap kits!
1. Measure & pour liquid crystal concentrate into the bowl
2. Add your fragrance oil
3. Add the distilled water
It’s important to use distilled water and not tap as bacterial and minerals in tap water can react with the liquid crystal concentrate.
4. Add the Germaben II preservative
5. Add gel color
6. Add the salt
7. Pour the soap into the gallon bottle
Once it thickens your hand soap is ready to use! You can pour it into the bottle for storage and dispense it into your PET boston round bottle or other dispensers. A gallon bottle pump may be helpful for this.
-Suzie Soapmaker & The Chemistry Store Team